Karissa Stoneburner is from the Ozarks and moved to Springfield to pursue her education in massage therapy. She graduated from the Professional Massage Training Center in 2001 and has more than 15 years of massage therapy experience. She practices Swedish, deep tissue, hot stone, sports, and prenatal massage.
Karissa developed her passion for holistic health at a young age, working as a chiropractic assistant in her grandfather’s office. Observing his interactions with patients and genuine care for their well-being inspired her to want to help people and pursue a career in the health field. Experiencing the benefits of massage for herself has amplified her desire to help others reduce stress and muscular tension, ultimately enhancing the overall quality of life for her clients. Karissa believes there is a connection between emotional stress and trauma and physical pain and symptoms. She enjoys working with her clients on this level.
Karissa enjoys bird watching with her husband, camping, kayaking, and just being in nature. She also really enjoys playing the piano.
How to Schedule a Treatment
- Select a treatment by clicking anywhere on the 'Select Appointment Type' drop-down menu and then selecting the treatment from the list.
- Select a therapist by clicking anywhere on the 'All Therapists' drop-down menu and then selecting the therapist from the list.
- Click on the date you prefer on the calendar.
- Click the Search button. This will show the available appointments for the treatment, therapist, and date you chose below the calendar.
- Click on time that works best for you. This will open a popup window.
- Follow the prompts in the popup window to complete the booking process.
Our Cancellation Policy
We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you cancel your appointment within 24 hours of the scheduled service, or do not show up to a scheduled appointment, the card on file will be charged for the full service amount.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please click on the "My Account" link above or
Your Mind Body Account
If you do not already have a Mind Body account, you will be prompted to create one when you schedule a treatment with us. In addition to entering your contact information and answering a few questions about your treatment preferences, you will also be required to enter a valid credit card for billing purposes. Your card will not be charged when you schedule a treatment but it will be charged if you do not cancel within 24 hours of your schedule appointment. After your appointment, you will have the option to use the credit card you have added to your account or another payment method you prefer at that time.
If you have any questions or have any issues, please contact us at (417) 886-1131.