A lot of us spend time and money plucking, waxing, threading, and filling in our eyebrows. Which is why many consider something more permanent like microblading. The semi-permanent tattooing technique may be the secret to faking fuller eyebrows that look totally natural – Microblading might just be the hassle-free solution to spending hours penciling in your eyebrows only to get the shape completely wrong!
Using a manual tattoo technique, tiny hair-like strokes are made while pigment is deposited into the epidermal layer of the skin. Due to the pigment fading over time, it is recommended to have a touch up done very 1-2 years to maintain results.
The process of microblading is very precise thanks to the tool that is used which is effectively like a pen with the nib being a sloped blade with 10-12 little needles at the end. These needles do not penetrate the skin, just delicately scratch the surface, much like a paper cut. Microblading is not like tattooing though. Microblading is not the deep layer of skin, but more on the surface. This is also why it is semi-permanent.
Here are a few tips prior to your appointment that you should keep in mind:
- Do NOT pick, tweeze, wax or have electrolysis one week prior.
- Do NOT use sunbeds or sit in direct sunlight two weeks before.
- Do NOT have any type of facial or peel two weeks prior.
- Stop using retinol or Vitamin A one month prior.
- No exercising on the day of microblading.
- Do NOT drink alcohol 24-48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Do NOT drink coffee 2 hours prior.
A few things to remember AFTER your microblading procedure:
- No picking!!!! You can expect your eye brows to flake.
- No facials, Botox, or peels for 4 weeks.
- Avoid exercise for 1 week.
- Avoid swimming for 10 days.
- Do NOT wear any make-up or use skincare on your brows until they have healed.
- Avoid direct sun for 1 week.
If you would like additional information or are ready to schedule your microblading appointment, call Precision Wellness today!