If you are looking for a quick treatment with no downtime, dermaplaning might be what you need for that smooth, glowing skin!
Dermaplaning is perfect before events, special occasions or for those who prefer a face free of ‘peach fuzz’ for easier makeup application. All skin types and anyone with acne scars, dull skin, dry skin, sun-damaged skin, or fine wrinkles can benefit from dermaplaning.
So, what is dermaplaning? Dermaplaning uses a medical-grade blade in short strokes at a 45-degree angle to remove the surface layer of dead skin, debris, and hair. One dermaplaning session can remove about 2-3 weeks of built up dead skin cells and debris from your skin! The blade is being held at a precise angle and the experienced technician uses light, feathering strokes, there is no concern about piercing or scratching of the skin. The dermaplaning procedure is pain free and non-invasive. You may feel a tingling sensation during the treatment.
Your skin is exposed daily to hard environmental toxins, irritants, and sun damage. This can cause the top layer of skin to appear dull, and it can also make you look aged. Dermaplaning clears away those damaged skin cells so newer skin cells are what you see when you look in the mirror.
Dermaplaning provides effective and safe exfoliation treatment that promotes deeper product penetration, this gives your skin better results from your skin care products while making the skin look and feel smoother. It is also beneficial for reducing the appearance of acne scars.
Other benefits of dermaplaning:
- Removes the dead surface cells and facial hair that can trap oils and dirt, leaving the skin ultra-smooth, fresh and glowing.
- Using vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and retinol post-treatment will be more effective and fast-track the results.
- Combined with a peel, dermaplaning can lift dry, dead skin, reduce the appearance of pigmentation, and help dimmish rosacea
- Fine lines are softened, and the skin texture is left more even.
- Dermaplaning is suitable for all skin types – if you have active acne, a clinical treatment is better, as you will need professional advice.
With a dermaplaning treatment, there is low risk for side effects. Those side effects may include slight redness in your face or whiteheads the day or two after treatment. Infection and scaring are very rare after a dermaplaning treatment.
After your treatment, you may notice that your skin looks brighter – more commonly you will notice these results after the first few days. Results are not permanent. The procedure claims to clear away up to three weeks’ worth of dead skin cells. After three weeks to a month, your results will have faded.