Most of us consider a day at the spa a luxury. At the end of the day, you probably look forward to being pampered and prettied up in a relaxing environment. One particular indulgence that does more than just spoil you, is a facial.
Staggering amounts of pollution, dirt, grime and dead skin accumulate on our faces. This build up is unavoidable. We can do the best we can to keep the skin clean, but it is not always enough. Many advocates compare getting a facial to going to the dentist. We brush our teeth, floss (when we remember) and still acknowledge the importance of going to the dentist for a regular deep clean. Keeping on a regular dental schedule saves us a lot of money down the road. Like our teeth, the skin needs to be evaluated and cleansed by a trained professional every so often to maintain a healthy complexion. Getting facials on a regular basis, even once every few months or year, will save you from needless spending in the future.
What are some of the benefits of a routine facial you ask? Let’s dive in:
- Regular facials provide noticeable improvements to your skin tone, texture, and appearance.
- Regular facials lead to less pronounced wrinkles and keeping your skin hydrated.
- Your existing creams and moisturizers will be more effective.
- Healthy skin is our body’s first line of defense against illness, bacteria, and disease (it is extremely important to take care of it!).
- Professional facials help increase circulation in your skin by promoting new skin cell growth which leads to healthier and younger looking skin!
- General recommendation is a facial every three to four weeks (or once a month). The life cycle of skin cell development and exfoliation.
- Facials help this process and assure your skin always glows!
- Removing blackheads and exfoliating dry, flaky skin, facials help fade dark spots from long-term damage and bad habits.
Are you wondering the disadvantage of regular facials? The most common side effects after a facial are redness and blotchy skin due to the pressure of exfoliation and extraction. You should avoid wearing makeup or using any of the products on your skin during the day or two that follow your facial to give your skin time to heal. That’s it… that is the only disadvantage! (now that is a side effect I’m ok with!)
One important note to remember is that a single facial will not improve the quality and healthy of your skin in the long-term. Much like going to the gym, improving the health of your skin is a continual process, requiring commitment and dedication.
At Precision Wellness, we offer a wide variety of facial services customized to fit the needs of your skin type and goals for your skin you’d like to achieve.