RockTape is the evolved and enhanced version of kinesiology tape. RockTape was created in the heat of competition to meet the demands of athletes – it’s simply the best kinesiology tape around!
The adhesive of RockTape is sticky enough to hold for prolonged periods of time. It can be used to treat sports and non-sports injuries, including shin splints, plantar fasciitis, runner’s knee, and back pain by microscopically lifting the skin away from the muscle and fascia below, creating a decompressive effect.
When applied correctly, RockTape’s unique elasticity causes the skin to form convolutions and wrinkle. This decompresses the tissue immediately below the skin. It is believed that this has three main effects:
- Fluid effect– Improving blood and lymphatic flow in the taped area
- Mechanical effect– Improving the slide and glide between tissue layers
- Neurological effect– Altering the perception of pain and improving body awareness.
A few other benefits of RockTape:
- Reduces pain – RockTape is used to reduce pain. Applying RockTape over the area where someone is having pain will actually reduce the pain signals to the brain,
- Activates Muscles – Often times patients come in with hip pain or knee pain for no reason. Most likely this is because the muscle is not activated, which means it is not initiating motion so other muscles have to create that motion. Applying RockTape in a certain place over a certain muscle will activate those muscles.
- Stretching is good – RockTape is made with 180% elasticity, allowing the athlete fuller and better range of motion.
- Reduce swelling – RockTape can also help improve circulation and blood flow helping to reduce swelling in the area where you are hurt.
The application of RockTape is an add on service at Precision Wellness. If you feel RockTape could help your healing, talk to your massage therapist to see if this is something that will work in your healing process.