Most people don’t understand the benefits that a good professional facial can offer and wait until they encounter a skin concern (weird breakouts, dry itchy skin, dark spots, etc.) or have an upcoming special event before coming in for a facial. These frustrating problems can often be preempted by proper monthly facials and counseling on the correct at-home products.
Your skin is always on display and often has the power to dictate how good we feel about ourselves. Investing in proper skincare has a value that can be arguably more important than buying a new dress or going out to a fancy restaurant. Our facials at Precision Wellness are affordable, customized, relaxing, comfortable, and come with personal attention and great service.
Facials are ideal once a month unless you have a specific skin concern you are trying to overcome (acne, hyper-pigmentation, etc), then you may need to come in for a series of treatments. The reason behind getting monthly facials is that your stratum corneum (the outermost layer of visible skin) will completely renew itself approximately every 28 days. In this time your skin cells are constantly being replicated from the treated cells to replace the old cells.
If you give your skin a head start (i.e. a great facial) your skin cells will begin to replicate the now healthier cells and thus give you a better complexion. Also, most skin products can take up to 6-8 weeks to start to treat active skin cells, but by speeding up the renewal process with a facial you can make these products work faster and more effectively.
Aside from just feeling like heaven, here are the Top 10 Reasons you should come to Precision Welless for monthly facials:
- Facials allow you to relax. They feel great and are healing to the soul. The power of touch, massage, proper technique, and professional products can heal. We call facials “relaxing with benefits”. Stress relief and beautiful glowing skin? YES PLEASE!
- Facials increase circulation of the blood under the skin allowing the skin optimal health to facilitate the renewal skin cells.
- Facials decrease waste underneath the skin that can cause puffiness, ruddiness, and fluid accumulation by manipulating the lymphatic system that lies just under the skin. Facials also aids in detoxification.
- A good facial helps smooth fine lines and promote collagen production, which is the building block of the skin (to prevent premature aging, wrinkles, and sagging).
- A facial will cleanse your pores on a much deeper level. Similar to a good dental cleaning, this is what a facial can do for the skin/pores. Even non-acneic skin can use a good deep cleanse. Extractions/cleaning out the pores can help to maintain clear skin, stop acne formation, as well as can help to change the pore’s size. Often times left unchecked, pores can start to stretch and widen with the accumulation of oil and debris. Never attempt to extract or pick at your own skin unless you are a professional and know how to do it properly. You could be at risk of scarring and infection.
- Facials provide deeper exfoliation than you can achieve at home. Exfoliation smooths skin, allows for great penetration of products (i.e. moisturizers or serums), unclogs pores, improves skin ability to retain hydration, and evens skin tone to just name a few benefits.
- Allows our professionally trained esthetician to counsel you on the proper products you should be using at home. This alone is worth the investment as the skincare industry can be a difficult (and expensive) area to navigate.
- Can help even skin tone and lighten dark spots. Dark spots age our skins’ appearance visibly. Remember that sunscreen is still a necessity no matter how great the facial.
- Facials slow the aging process. They allow your skin to feel healthier, smoother and look more radiant. Facials reduce fine lines, age spots, and relieve dehydrated skin. With these benefits, facials make us feel better about our skin. With the use of exfoliation and the penetration of nutrients and antioxidants, facials also fight to reverse aging. We will all age, but we can do it more slowly with glowing, firm, and hydrated skin.
- Facials are not a miracle in an hour but they do give you a fresh start to a healthier and balanced complexion. Regular facials will help you maintain optimal skin health.
If you’re ready to start taking better care of your skin, then we encourage you to consider getting in habit of having a monthly facial. You’ll look younger, feel better and it’s a great investment in your physical and mental well being.